We are looking for a great wordpress coder to take our PSD file(s) and turn it into a child theme to work with Woothemes Canvas. This should be a fairly simple job for someone who knows Woothemes Canvas and how to create customized child themes. If you don't know about Woothemes Canvas then you can get up to speed on their site. The job is to create a Wordpress child theme from Canvas using the "Blank Canvas" theme to start with. If you do not know what a child theme or a wordpress framework is, this project isn't for you.
This will mostly be CSS work with some HTML and PHP thrown in. Expert knowledge of Wordpress, theme creation and customization (hooks, etc...) is required. Extensive knowledge with Woothemes is desired (especially Canvas). Excellent communications skills in English are required.
We will provide you with full documentation from Woothemes to work on the template. We will work with you to answer questions you may have. We are open to suggestions on ways to improve the template if you have them. We will supply the PSD files and logos/colors for the conversion. This is a brand new site. If necessary, we can provide hosting and access for you to do coding/testing during development. A jpg file of the home page is attached, PSD and full mockups available after the contract is awarded.
Code is expected to:
- as close to the PSD file as possible
- include all Wordpress elements and elements of Woothemes Canvas
- be lean and mean (short and fully functional)
- work as a child theme to Canvas according to documented specifications
- fully cross-browser and W3C compliant
- include comments
- be mobile friendly (ie, integrate the Less Framework - http://lessframework.com/)
- be bug free
Please submit the following:
1. Brief cover letter explaining your background and experience related to this project
2. links to at least 4 examples of your PSD to wordpress conversions (highlight those that were child themes of wordpress frameworks)
3. How soon you would be available to work.
4. Estimated time to complete the project.
We would like to have this project completed in a maximum of 2 weeks (although the sooner the better).