We are looking for a developer to develop an uploader that customers can submit files directly on our product pages in Magento. You can see something with similar functionality at: www.apdprinting.com. You will need to login to view products so please use the following credentials below:
There are 3 different ways we can think of to accomplish this uploader.
1) Integrate magento with a Perl script called Filechucker. We use this uploader for customers who don't order products online just submit files to us. Documentation on this script can be found at: http://encodable.com/filechucker/ & http://encodable.com/filechucker/faq/. It talks about integration with Wordpress and Joomla on the site so there should hopefully be the ability to integrate with Magento as well.
2) Using another type of php uploader that would then integrate into Magento. Something similar to http://largefilesupload.com/index.html. This script as well talks about integration so it should be possible to do.
3) Using the exisiting file uploader base in Magento but providing more functionality to suit our needs.
With any one of these 3 options, there are a few things that we would require this script to be about to do as well.
- Progress Bar for file upload progress. When customers upload large file's we need some type of indicator to let them know how their file is uploading. Something similar to this jQuery progress bar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f35I3fqRgmk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
- Filename changed based on variables we define. With the current upload script we're using on our website, when a customer uploads a file it changes the filename to a long string of characters. We want to be able to define something to change the filename to.
For example - in magento we have SKU's for each product / custom option. We would like to be able to define a filename that would like similar to this (ordernumber-sku.pdf) so it would take the order number and sku and would change the file to that name. We want to be able to define this ourselves because it will change based on certain things.
- Must be able to upload directly on each product page similar to the apdprinting.com example at the beginning of this post.
- File must be attached to the order so when a customer places an order and we get an email of the order, the file must show in the order details. The script we're currently using does this, and the base magento uploader looks like it does it as well so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to implement. I can show you a test as a reference if required.
- Define allowed file types & max upload size. We want to be able to define these items ourself and change as we wish.
The most ideal situation here would be to have a magento extension that can be configured via the admin panel however we are open to the idea of having the extension be configured by editing a file if need be.
If you have previous upload experience please submit your examples in your bid.
We look forward to working with you soon.
Profisional need to upload a few images to a website. Need for speed and agility. The job is to post pictures and prices in a store.
We are looking for a lead/sales generator for web design and developement and SEO to join our fast growing company. We are based in London, England. We are looking to outsource to a reliable team with excellent communication skills...
NO AGENCIES PLEASE ------------------- We are looking for a Magento expert to build a system for us from scratch. Answer each point please and apply only if you can: 1. Work 6am to 4pm NY time 2. Work only with us for 3 months 3. Show us smart systems you built in Magento 4...
I require the initial set up of a magento installation providing me access to a magento admin panel. I have the server set up so this requires the installation and configuration of all the prerequisite software such as Apache mySQL PHP centOS and the installation of the Magento software package
Hi, Ill need a template for the following theme (for my website). It has its own homepage, category and product page. What is required? 1. xhtml/css theme 2. slideshow needed (take a free one and install it) 3. Available on Skype to speak 4. Available on Skype to type Can you give me an indicati
Web Development company seeking a part time PHP and Magento developer. Tasks will include custom solutions, extensions, and basic tasks for ecommerce based sites.
Hourly Rate: $1.00 - $3.00 per hour **Majorly Magento Expert Needed** Hello Everyone, We are in need of a long term go to guy, who can help out our team in PHP based CMS( Joomla , Wordpress, Drupal, Magento etc...
I am building a new website and i need someone to help me add the products to my site. You will have to copy and descriptions and create a new product and add it in. I will be doing it all well not only you...
I am looking for someone with expert Magento skills to help me maintain and modify an existing site. Project will ongoing, billed hourly, as needed. Excellent English skills are a must. Please reference at least three Magento sites that you have worked on in your letter of application...