We are looking for a developer to develop an uploader that customers can submit files directly on our product pages in Magento. You can see something with similar functionality at: www.apdprinting.com. You will need to login to view products so please use the following credentials below:
There are 3 different ways we can think of to accomplish this uploader.
1) Integrate magento with a Perl script called Filechucker. We use this uploader for customers who don't order products online just submit files to us. Documentation on this script can be found at: http://encodable.com/filechucker/ & http://encodable.com/filechucker/faq/. It talks about integration with Wordpress and Joomla on the site so there should hopefully be the ability to integrate with Magento as well.
2) Using another type of php uploader that would then integrate into Magento. Something similar to http://largefilesupload.com/index.html. This script as well talks about integration so it should be possible to do.
3) Using the exisiting file uploader base in Magento but providing more functionality to suit our needs.
With any one of these 3 options, there are a few things that we would require this script to be about to do as well.
- Progress Bar for file upload progress. When customers upload large file's we need some type of indicator to let them know how their file is uploading. Something similar to this jQuery progress bar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f35I3fqRgmk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
- Filename changed based on variables we define. With the current upload script we're using on our website, when a customer uploads a file it changes the filename to a long string of characters. We want to be able to define something to change the filename to.
For example - in magento we have SKU's for each product / custom option. We would like to be able to define a filename that would like similar to this (ordernumber-sku.pdf) so it would take the order number and sku and would change the file to that name. We want to be able to define this ourselves because it will change based on certain things.
- Must be able to upload directly on each product page similar to the apdprinting.com example at the beginning of this post.
- File must be attached to the order so when a customer places an order and we get an email of the order, the file must show in the order details. The script we're currently using does this, and the base magento uploader looks like it does it as well so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to implement. I can show you a test as a reference if required.
- Define allowed file types & max upload size. We want to be able to define these items ourself and change as we wish.
The most ideal situation here would be to have a magento extension that can be configured via the admin panel however we are open to the idea of having the extension be configured by editing a file if need be.
If you have previous upload experience please submit your examples in your bid.
We look forward to working with you soon.
We are looking for a lead/sales generator for web design and developement and SEO to join our fast growing company. We are based in London, England. We are looking to outsource to a reliable team with excellent communication skills...
We are hiring! We are looking to add talented developer to our team. Additionally programming languages is a PLUS. Ecommerce solutions including: Magento NopCommerce osCommerce ZenCart Please send us a portfolio for review. All jobs will be one-time fee based and will not be an hourly position.
A medium-sized (200 members) scientific organization is seeking requests for bids to develop a web-based conference and membership management site for its constituency. The essential functions of the developed site will include: 1. Conference abstract submission functionality 1.1...
I have a lot of data to import into magento website & sear marketplace. Every data easy to customize. 1. put all product data such as image, price, and MAP policy etc. 2. must show the product description 2. i have all most 17,000 data to import 4. every data should be same as i give you...
The U.S. water industry is a 20 billion dollar a year business that is in its prime state for generating profits by selling water filtration products to US consumers and commercial businesses...
I am looking for an experienced website developer to join my company. We are an Australian company offering outsourcing services to clients such as website design and development. You will work in a friendly, fun and supportive team...
I am having a large set of web products. Premium Website Templates (wp/joomla/drupal/magento etc) and along with this all kind of web software. I need very good , dynamic and result oriented professionals to help me out to sell these items. No Upfront payment ...
To whom it may concern, I am planning on designing a high specified e-commerce website. I have a number of requirements so I need somebody with many years of advanced Magento experience as well as a person with css, html, php, mysql experience...