We are looking to develop an iPhone & iPad application that can display specific information that we have collected.
Below are the general details about this project:
Take an existing excel file that contains 6 columns and over 30,000 rows of text information and create an easy navigation iPhone/iPad app. The data file contains a list of information that is divided into columns such as Category, Company, Product, Style, Color.
The developer will create the iphone app and then automatically import the excel data into the developed application.
The navigation on the iPhone/iPad app would be as follow: (4-6 layers deep)
Category > Company > Product > Style > Color
Example information would be:
Shoes > Nike > Basketball > Air Jordans > Black
- There will be no images, no links, no graphics, just text.
- There will be a few intro pages.
- The 'Category' will be the main page with an A-Z alphabet displayed on the right sidebar (exactly as the iPhone 'Contacts'). This will allow user to go to a specific section of the alphabet.
- App should load quickly and be free from any bugs, crashes, etc..
We are also looking for a long-term partner where we could develop a number of iPhone applications.
How to apply
Please respond with a cover letter that includes the following:
1. Your iPhone/iPad development experience, including examples of past work
2. Your speed in turning around work for review
3. How many current projects you are involved in and your availability to work on this project
About the company
Our company is a US-based book publishing company that publishes books of data and information. We are looking to offer these books as mobile apps.