(* I've made a short video about my requirements at http://screencast.com/t/fbbreRoG)
I am looking for a talented game developer needed who is familiar with programming arcade-style games like "Bejeweled" (by Popcap Games), where the main objective of the game is to match 3 or more similar objects in a line, either horizontally or vertically.
I am aiming to have the game on IOS (Iphone/Ipod/Ipad) platform, as well as being playable on Facebook as well.
Applicants should preferably have one or more of the following skills:
Objective-C / C++ / Cocoa / OpenGL ES / Java / Unity3d
1) At least a 4-star rating on oDesk, with minimum past earnings of $10k and above
2) Takes pride in your work, and produces polished-looking products
3) Able to work well in a team/group setting (cos you will be working closely with our illustrator/graphics designer)
4) Able to communicate well in English
5) Able to listen well and adhere to instructions, yet also be creative and think out-of-the-box
6) Available for ongoing project discussions via Skype Chat
7) Able to work within a given deadline
Duration: 2 weeks or earlier if possible, plus another week or so for debugging
The game is rather simple, and not multi-levelled (but it involves a time limit, eg. 1 or 2 mins)
All graphics/backgrounds will be provided by our illustrator whom you will be working closely with (via email / Skype).
You might probably also work with a sound designer later on in the project, to insert the various sounds during gameplay.
Please reply with RELEVANT examples of your previous work, including any links/URLS to websites where your work is featured.
If I like your previous work, then I'll reply and give you more details.
Also, and this is very important: When you reply, please start by typing the code word 'Rambutan'. This way I'll know that you took the time to read the entire job description, instead of just replying to all new job postings like many people do!
P.S -- Although I am new on oDesk, I have a couple of years of experience hiring outsourced contractors in Elance, so basically I'm not new to this. I have an excellent track record in Elance as an employer, and have always made prompt payments to my workers.