- The objective of this analysys is the carrying capacity of a connection between: corrugated sheet - purlin with a self-tapping screw under the effect of wind suction, preferably in Abaqus CAE software, using the international units meeters-Newton.
- non-linear with the objective of finding the exact failure type of the connection, and the force that cause it
- the tricky part is defining the connection between the tapping screw-corrugated sheet-washer-purlin, beacause the self tapping screw has to be exactly real with elicoidal margins, and the corrugated sheet is only 0.7mm thick.
For our collaboration to be more effective and less time consuming, i can make the 3D model (corrugated sheet and purlin) without the self-tapping screw and the washer, in any format you need, and you can take it from there.
I have attached:
- the alluminium alloy properties used for the corrugated sheet
- the self-tapping screw info
- steel properties for the purlin
- overview of the model
- margin conditions
This analysys is part of a research paper, I'm a structural design engineer student and the part with modelling in that detail with self-tapping screws is over my league. Thank you for your time.