I am looking for a contractor for approximately 10-15 hours per week to work on various conference planning projects. Specific tasks will include:
1. Promotional partner outreach - Contact past media and promotional partners to negotiate new partnerships (our partners promote the conference in exchange for share of revenue from any registrations they generate)
2. Distribute marketing materials, such as banner ads, emails, etc
3. Speaker coordination - communicate with speakers regarding their responsibilities, such as submitting blog posts, promoting the conference, submitting their presentation decks in time, etc
4. Manage social media updates for the conference (twitter, facebook, linkedin)
5. Submit the conference to relevant event calendars
7. Outreach to local professional groups and associations as possible partners
8. Set up conference details on Conference Hound, Lanyrd and other similar sites
The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing and event planning, have excellent verbal and written english skills, and be familiar with online marketing. Because this is an ongoing project, the selected candidate will need to be very good at communicating weekly progress on assigments.
Additional projects (website edits, email creation, web content writing, etc) may be assigned depending on the skills that the selected candidate brings to the job.