We are looking for an expert in compelling web design that can create a website for a student run technology conference at The University of Michigan. We want the website to be exciting and compelling and encourage people to attend the event. Since we are targeting college students from 18 to 30, the site should be very modern and fun in design as opposed to overly professional. Specifically, we need the following functionality implemented:
1. Ability for people to easily read the overview of the conference.
2. Ability for people to tweet and facebook like the event (we have an existing Facebook event page for this)
We're looking for a short-term contractor to develop the site by December 10th and be regularly available to make adjustments to the site as needed. The ideal developer has:
1. Successfully developed graphically compelling websites
2. Does not need extremely strong back end development
3. Has great organizational and time-management skills to get work done on schedule
In addition, please submit examples of websites that you think are good examples of the type of site we describe above.
The current site is QUITE poor in quality and is located at http://rossfuturtech.squarespace.com/ . Feel free to use that logo or another one that you think might look better.
The current sponsors are:
Ross Technology Club: http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/276853_140329659368930_6311544_n.jpg
We may have more sponsors come on board later so ideally the site is built in a simple way that can allow someone from my team to later come in and adjust the text or sponsor graphics.
Feel free to use awesome graphics and high end photos to make the site come to life!