Web Research/Data Mining
OVERVIEW OF PROJECT
We are looking for bids on entering data from various directories and websites into an Excel spreadsheet to support our sales program. This involves researching companies on the web, and then putting the accurate mailing and contact information into an Excel sheet, and then sending this revised Excel sheet to me. There will be multiple listings for this activity to ensure that we cover the cities and business services in the GTA Toronto, Canada area and we will be hiring multiple contractors to complete this work.
I will send you an Excel sheet template to record the information. On this Excel sheet will be the following:
a) Company Name
b) Company Address (Address, Street, City, CAN Province, Postal Code)
c) Company Phone Number (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
d) Company Executive Name
e) Company Executive Title
f) Company website (if there is no website, please Google search the company name to find the website).
... Add or correct the information where needed.
The goal of this project is to do internet research on the companies to create a mailing contact list of potential clients. I am going to mail letters to the companies and organizations from an Excel sheet, and I want to make sure I have the accurate Mailing Address and Name of Executive (title of the person who runs the company) at the company.
In short, you will be data mining using Business Directory Listings or Google to search for company data.
The categories we need to collect are:
• Alterations & Cleaners
• Arenas and Community Halls
• Attractions & Fun
• Bars & Nightclubs
• Business to Business
• Health & Wellness
• Home & Garden
• Hotels & Resorts
• Local Attractions
• Party Services
• Pets & Animals
• Professional Services
• Real Estate
• Retail Shops
• Spas & Nutrition
• Travel Agents & Cruises
• Weddings and Events
More specifically, please do the following:
1. Make sure the Company name is spelled correctly (check the website). DO NOT delete any words such as "Inc.", "Ltd", "LLC", "Co.", etc. from the Company name - you can leave these acronyms in. Also, please make sure that there is not a space after the company name in each excel cell. When there is a space after the company name, it causes issues with our email blasts.
2. Please confirm that the mailing address (street, city, province, postal code) is accurate. If there are multiple addresses, we're looking for the address of the "corporate headquarters" or Toronto location. Change and revise where needed. Please spell out the street name - "Ave." becomes "Avenue"; "Blvd" should be "Boulevard", "Rd." should be "Road", "Ste." should be "Suite", "St." should be "Street", "Hwy" should be "Highway", etc.
3. Please confirm that the Executive Name and Title is accurate -We are interested in the people with the following titles: CEO (Chief Executive Officer), President, Chairman of the Board (or Vice Chairman), Founder, Owner, Director. If you find two people with these titles, include both of them, and provide a separate line for the second one. Please copy across all of the company info (Company name, Address, etc) for each person.
4. We expect result listings for each of the categories. A minimum of 25 result listings per category (if available). For larger categories (such as restaurants, dentists, doctors, lawyers, real estate, or business services), we expect a minimum of 40 listings per category.
5. If it is impossible to find the Company online or confirm the data, that is okay. Just make a note and skip it.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Data-mining, internet-research, research, MS Excel, excellent English, accuracy and good typing.
PREFERENCES: Individuals who have done this wo